is this a good sign she's gonna hatch eggs for me?

noraschickens

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 25, 2009
just north of lagrange
I often tend to take in homeless hens. My latest arrived in September. A Spanish Clown Face. I was told she would brood and even take over other hens eggs. This was a plus for me as NONE of my hens are broody. I placed her into a coop with my buff orpington hen and rooster as I really wanted coffee (the buff hen) to hatch eggs but she wouldn't. Clown never layed until just this past week. Now, none of my hens do anything other then lay eggs and walk away. I tried with all of them to leave the eggs in hopes that when they had enough they would lay. That was a waiste
sad.png
However....coffee and clown are now both laying in the same nest. I just noticed yesturday that unlike the others I've left eggs with, clown is sorting the eggs and positioning them into a circle. Is this the sign I'm hoping for. Could this possibly mean that she might lay them when she feels there are enough??????

Having never had a hen actually set her eggs I'm not sure what I'm looking for LOL. Will she come out of the nest until she has enough and then start sitting on them? right now she has 6 eggs in the nest, 4 are hers and 2 are the buff orpington's.

Back
Top Bottom