Is this a gosling or a duckling?

RavenStorm

Songster
11 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Southern CA
Some of you have been following that I got a rescue baby from the feed store on Monday that was found inside a post office mailing room. I'm sure this thing was shipped from a hatchery as there is no way it could be wild; it looks to be in too good of a shape and it has imprinted on people. The feed store told my DB that is was a female gosling, but I know nothing about waterfowl and wanted some people who obess over poultry to give me their opinion. I really just want to know if it is a duck or a goose above all (since that effects it's diet needs), but if you have an inkling of the gender and/or the breed I wold love to know that as well.

Details: Blackish-dark brown feet and bill. The underside of the bill is spotted with pink/flesh colored blotches. Amber colored eyes. Down is solid-color light brown with not a touch of any other color. It loves to eat everything it sees: weeds, chick starter mash, bugs, my toes, basically any thing that moves or looks different from the floor.

11295_pict1599.jpg
[/img]

11295_pict1597.jpg
[/img]

Quote:
Thank you! After lurking on this site for months I have come to really value your opinion so thanks for weighing in. No I don't have worry about it eating too much protein as she really loves eating the tomato worms back here.

We were really hoping for goose meat for the holidays; but hey we are a Chinese-culture household so we really know what to do with a duck as well!

Quote:
I know, I'm going to have to stop looking at it because I keep going "aawwww!" I'll never be able to eat it if I keep that up
hmm.png

Quote:
I know, I'm going to have to stop looking at it because I keep going "aawwww!" I'll never be able to eat it if I keep that up
hmm.png

If it's a Cambell you don't want to eat it. They lay really well!

I have been reading each post and thinking what a lucky lil duckling to be rescued and loved and when you said you were going to eat in over the holidays I almost fell out of my chair, and still laughing.

Back
Top Bottom