Is this a hybrid dove and pigeon???

GreyStarFamily

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 29, 2013
I found this pigeon OR dove a day ago (8/21/13) here in phoenix, AZ and im not sure if its hurt. I posted the video here:

Here are some pics to help you decide.

It has some shiny green in its feathering near the neck and it has some brown patches near the eye which only pigeons have no? The Pic Above shows a small percentage of shiny purple? Perhaps a true mix/hybrid?

The other eye is all brown...

What do you guys think???

In the video can you guys also give an opinion as to if its hurt?

I'm not sure what it is the beak reminds me of a Dove but if it is a hybrid then I'm 99% sure it is sterile . What ever it is you got there its a stunning bird.

Last edited:
When it vocalizes does it make a squeaking noise?
If it does I am thinking it is a young pigeon and has not reached maturity to fly well (kind of large for a dove). However you may be bang on by thinking it is a hybrid. Like Donne previously posted hybrids are most likely sterile . It has a striking colouration..

I have seen a bird flying around my house that looks like this as well. He's sired many lovely multicolored birds and is most definitely a pigeon.

I was away for only a day and a half, I fed it and gave it water the same day I had to go to my parents for the weekend with my boyfriend. The next day my bfs mom called my phone and he picked up and she told him the pigeon died :(...I don't know what happened!... :( I gave it some tlc <3 when I fed it...I saw it poop fine...thought the first time I saw its poop the day I had found it it was all green poop...It didn't seem normal for pigeon poop...I haven seen it dead yet...im chicken to look...it was soo pretty ><(

Back
Top Bottom