Is this a Lynx?

Here's an idea that will probably play in San Francisco. I understand the fact a lot of San Francisco people will get mad if you kill the poor little kitty. go to http://www.predatorpee.com
and buy some predator pee. I'm seriously not kidding. this guy is been in business for over 30 years. he collects the Per from zoos that sell it to him. it's a fascinating website and a humane way to get all natural, organic way to detur this Bobcat. Bobcats are, listed but he doesn't have an article on them. however if you email him, he will respond promptly and tell you which urine to use.
Best ,
Karen

Not sure if urine from another predator will run off a predator, but worth a shot if it's not prohibitively expensive, right?

It absolutely will ,Wink. his blog is fascinating. he deals a lot with protecting chickens. all you have to do is use the Predators' Pee which your Predator is genetically hardwired to fear. your Predator doesn't ever have to have been around the other Predator it genetically fears .all it has to do is smell its scent and it will run away and go someplace where it feels safer. Karen

I love wild life and do all I can to ensure their continued survival . Chickens are caged they are domestic . Wildlife is including predators vital to the echo system. Do all you can to save them . Only kill when they have shown themselves to be flock killers a real threat to family and pets and livestock . At that point hunt them down and take them out . JMO

Naturally, I disagree, Mankind has so upset the balance of nature by taking game animals and not predators.
Therefore: take as many predators as you can to balance nature and save our domestic animals...

An animal has been waiting patiently for my electric coop door to open every morning (and a few times during sunset) and killing my hens. There may have been a hole in my run-fence. I installed surveillance cameras. I first thought it might be a raccoon that was killing my hens. But I caught this animal on video. It might be a combination of raccoons and this cat?

Looks like a Lynx. This is the SF Bay area.

Yup..bob cat for sure

thanks for everyone's input. So we've established the fact its a juvenile bobcat. Can bobcat's climb? I had a hole in the fence which was why it got in the first 8 times. But I've since patched it up. But now I'm wondering if this critter can climb hardware cloth fencing? Do I need to put a top over my run? I'll be looking into either buying the Havahart live trap or calling a professional pest company in.
Yes...it will easily scale the fence

I get wanting to kill the Predators except that the poster lives in the San Francisco area which is a whole nother world when it comes to killing things. they probably have no tolerance for killing the poor little kitty. so the PredatorPee becomes a viable option. you can post scent tags around the perimeter of your coop runs. This will form a scent "fence" this juvenile Bobcat will not want to cross.
Best,
Karen

Naturally, I disagree, Mankind has so upset the balance of nature by taking game animals and not predators.
Therefore: take as many predators as you can to balance nature and save our domestic animals...
Exactly!

Since we've displaced their habitat (and more importantly their natural predators habitat) and fed them to overpopulation with our garbage (intentionally or not)...IMO, it is our duty to become the 'apex predator' and kill them when they become a problem to the extent that we need to trap them.

take as many predators as you can to balance nature and save our domestic animals...

I'm not sure that really works . . . . While me killing a fox, or a raccoon, or a bobcat might mean a longer life for some of my chickens (though I have lost birds to hawks and owls too, and I would be in deep doo-doo if word got out that I had killed one of them!), I don't see how killing any of them would "balance" the deer, squirrels, and wild rabbits that are devouring my garden. While I am still allowed to remove 'nuisance' animals, I would have to use some means other than a gun to do it; our rapidly expanding human population resulted in it becoming illegal to discharge a firearm in any place besides a gun range in this county.

The situation here isn't a matter of too many predators, it's that our stupid, captive domestic animals are just easier prey. It's up to me to make them look elsewhere for their dinner.;)

I'm not sure that really works . . . . While me killing a fox, or a raccoon, or a bobcat might mean a longer life for some of my chickens (though I have lost birds to hawks and owls too, and I would be in deep doo-doo if word got out that I had killed one of them!), I don't see how killing any of them would "balance" the deer, squirrels, and wild rabbits that are devouring my garden. While I am still allowed to remove 'nuisance' animals, I would have to use some means other than a gun to do it; our rapidly expanding human population resulted in it becoming illegal to discharge a firearm in any place besides a gun range in this county.

The situation here isn't a matter of too many predators, it's that our stupid, captive domestic animals are just easier prey. It's up to me to make them look elsewhere for their dinner.;)

The words "Bow and Arrow" come to mind along with the letters..

SSS

:lau

Back
Top Bottom