Is this a Lynx?

Bobcats aren't hard to trap. People catch them in live traps and leg hold traps are even easier to catch them in. Of course leg hold traps can harm non-target animals too. They may not be an option where you live. I catch dozens of raccoons in live traps, using fried chicken as bait. They're much more of a problem than bobcats, as they're everywhere anymore, due to fur prices being so low. Nobody hunts them, now that they bring 5 dollars or so, instead of the 30-45 they brought in the 70's and 80's.

We have racoons and coyotes in our fairly large city. No bobcats in the city that I know of so far. Although I have been stalked by one at dusk coming back from a deer stand, so be careful.

It's a bobcat and its probably the one thats killing the hens. Had one for a month straight coming and killing 1 hen a day right at dusk or dawn. Where i live it's actually illegal to trap them without a license as they are a fur bearing animal and its highly illegal to trap them and move them somewhere else. Tried scaring it off time after time but just kept coming back and after 30 dead chickens i had enough and just shot it as where i am from its ok to kill an animal in the act of attacking livestock. So might wanna check with your local fish and wildlife before doing anything just to see what the laws are in your area.

It's a bobcat and its probably the one thats killing the hens. Had one for a month straight coming and killing 1 hen a day right at dusk or dawn. Where i live it's actually illegal to trap them without a license as they are a fur bearing animal and its highly illegal to trap them and move them somewhere else. Tried scaring it off time after time but just kept coming back and after 30 dead chickens i had enough and just shot it as where i am from its ok to kill an animal in the act of attacking livestock. So might wanna check with your local fish and wildlife before doing anything just to see what the laws are in your area.

It appears you could be wrong about Oregon laws,,,

http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1957/19728/ec1579.pdf

http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1957/19728/ec1579.pdf

Says here you can kill them,just have to report it

An animal has been waiting patiently for my electric coop door to open every morning (and a few times during sunset) and killing my hens. There may have been a hole in my run-fence. I installed surveillance cameras. I first thought it might be a raccoon that was killing my hens. But I caught this animal on video. It might be a combination of raccoons and this cat?

Looks like a Lynx. This is the SF Bay area.

It's 100% for sure a bobcat. I've trapped and relocated two of them to the taxidermist shop in the last 3 or 4 years. The fur market will be back but where you live you will likely get wheelbarrows full of grief if you so much as ruffle the killer kitties' fur.

I never had much go missing down a bobcats' throat until the Russian and Chinese economic sanctions hit. Both of these nations were big importers of American fur as well as important manufactures of up scale fur garments. So as always economic sanctions are not a way to get back at, get even with, or influence your adversaries but rather economic sanctions are a nifty way to start a tit-for-tat trade war that only hurt the little people like yourself who would rather that their governments just leave them the heck alone.

the-corn-belt-bobcat-how-lynx-rufus-prefers-to-move-across-a-fragmented-agricultural-landscape-4-638.jpg
Map above out of date. They are abundant on mid Missouri.

Back
Top Bottom