Is this a Meat Chicken?

We had several chickens that had walking issues here on the farm. Found out my housemate was feeding them too much corn and they had a nutrient deficiency. We cut out all the treats and started them on vitamin water. It took a week or two, but they got back to normal in the end. Good luck, I hope that's all it is!
:yesss:
I highly recommend that people should stick to feeding JUST a complete poultry feed.
Skip "treats" or give "treats" only once a week...for sure not daily.

Are you sure he didn't hurt himself while you weren't looking? It's highly possible he landed wrong on his leg or something and it's taken time to heal. We recently had a cornish that got it's leg stuck as the tractor moved, he walked the same way. A couple years back, my son stepped on a young pullets leg when they swarmed him and it broke, she was very similar until it healed.

Nutrition could be an issue but I personally don't think so. You should have seen others in your flock acting the same, and I've seen plenty of people feeding exactly as you and no issues. In fact I feed similar. A hand mixed fermented feed and they get scraps of greens and stuff daily from the kitchen. I've never had any nutritional issues and they lay like crazy. (except when I have a bunch go broody at once!! lol)

Back
Top Bottom