Is this a Meat Chicken?

Peppercorngal

Crowing
6 Years
Feb 5, 2018
Feather Falls, CA
Everything has been going well for my new flock. I was supposed to get 3 White Giants and I got 2 and 1 died. I thought she was a laying chicken, but this morning I went out and Minnie Pearl could no longer walk. I swear she was fine yesterday! I sorta knew she was different, now I believe it's because she is a meat chicken. Or is there something else wrong with her? I picked her up and she does not seem to be "fat". Her breast bone feels like a laying chicken, she's rather skinny under all her wings. The flock is 11 weeks old today. What should I do????? I took a video of her trying to walk, but it says it's too large to post. How do I shrink it??? I feel very stupid right now.
:confused: :barnie I'll try a few things to get some photos and that video for y'all.

Pearl's photo of her this morning on her "haunches" and another just a few days ago of her walking. I'm distressed. :(
minner pearl cant walk small.jpg pearl walking small.jpg

Thursday evening update. I went out to check my sick bird and he was standing up! He didn't stay standing up for a long time, but he was standing. I was out with the girls for about an hour and he stood up three times, for maybe 2 minutes each time. He's still eating lots and drinking fine. His poop look entirely normal. Maybe he just needed vitamins! I put them in everyone's water, figured it couldn't hurt! I'll keep you posted. . . :celebrate :wee :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom