Is this a Meat Chicken?

You know hun I'm no expert but I'm really suspicious of mareks after seeing that you may want to contact your seller and you never know maybe wasn't 100% effective might want to research that...poor girl:(
I don't think the seller could or would do anything except give me a "credit". That's what they did when I got a cross beak rooster last year. (Murray McMurray) I won't be using them again anyway, so it's a moot point.

Last night at 9pm I went out to pick up Pearl and put her in the coop for the night. She was already in there! Not roosting of course, but she knew to go in for the night. I guess she slept on the floor. This morning I see out the window that she is out again. She is eating and drinking like normal. I haven't gone out to feed them yet (they are quite a ways from the house) to see her current condition but I'll let you all know if there is any change. Thanks for the input. :fl

Looks like Marek's to me. Just because they were vaccinated is no guarantee that you won't lose any to virus, especially if you have had a history of Marek's in previous flocks. The vaccine does not stop the contraction and spreading of the virus. It simply prevents symptoms from showing. This has lead to extremely virulent strains evolving, that the vaccine is less effective against.

If my other chickens had Marek's without symptoms and I didn't know it, then how can I know it???????? My crystal ball no longer works.
That's the problem with vaccinating poultry. They don't work the same way that they do in mammals. Vaccinating poultry does not prevent the spread of illnesses, nor do the vaccines keep the bird from contracting the illness.

Back
Top Bottom