Is this a Mille Fleur D'uccle? (roo)

When a friend had a broody hen, he bought 3 Mille Fleur D'uccle chicks at 3 weeks, purportedly from a show breeder. The hen promptly killed 2, and I got the last one. At first, I thought it resembled Mille Fleur chicks, but now he has a crazy topknot and no "fleurs". I have read that their coloring can change, and that they'll get more dots later, but he just doesn't look like any photos of Mille Fleur's that I've seen.

Francois hatched in early July, and I think he's a roo based on hackle feathers. But what is he?

View attachment 2412798

View attachment 2412799
When a friend had a broody hen, he bought 3 Mille Fleur D'uccle chicks at 3 weeks, purportedly from a show breeder. The hen promptly killed 2, and I got the last one. At first, I thought it resembled Mille Fleur chicks, but now he has a crazy topknot and no "fleurs". I have read that their coloring can change, and that they'll get more dots later, but he just doesn't look like any photos of Mille Fleur's that I've seen.

Francois hatched in early July, and I think he's a roo based on hackle feathers. But what is he?

View attachment 2412798

View attachment 2412799
Is that boy the same bird as the chick? 😍 I’m actually hatching bantam Silkie duucles and have several that look exactly like the chick in the picture they are just not feathered out as much yet.

Is that boy the same bird as the chick? 😍 I’m actually hatching bantam Silkie duucles and have several that look exactly like the chick in the picture they are just not feathered out as much yet.
Yes, they're the same.

Back
Top Bottom