Is this a muscovy drake

jus10inla

Songster
Sep 26, 2020
Louisiana
The lavender is a known drake, he has topped EVERYTHING. The mottled is a hen, shes hatched out twice for me. The one in question is solid white. Coulda swore ive seen her sittin on a nest several times. But those carnacles raising alot of suspicion. And the back of the lavender drakes head is pretty open from being pinned down. Ive never seen a hen pen down a drake, but seen them pen down other hens.

anyway thanks in advance. These are just over a year old.

Attachments

• IMG_5756.jpeg
    IMG_5756.jpeg
    700 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5757.jpeg
    IMG_5757.jpeg
    701 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5758.jpeg
    IMG_5758.jpeg
    683.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5759.jpeg
    IMG_5759.jpeg
    883.8 KB · Views: 5
I have one and I know after almost 20 yrs with Muscovy only one drake will work. I have 3 runner drakes he never messes with but another Muscovy drake would be a nightmare and I have already lived through that once. Did it for many years with all 4 separated from each other with their own females. Won't do it again. I do hope you can find him a good home. Where he has his own females and he's the only drake.

Yea i knew one drake is all u can have. i bought 4 , (1 drake 3 hens) well one hen got ate by a fox , and the other (hen) is now a drake.. so 2 drakes to 1 hen. Poor girl Cant catcha break. And like u said, they both live with 15 other various breeds / wont squbble with those drakes but these 2 are almost to the fight to death. I had to throw a stick in the pond at him to keep him from drown the poor hen after he had just attacked the other drake out the water

I've seen the same things here. The best bet is to get him a home where he is the only drake with many females. Hope it works out. Meantime pen him up so he can't injure the female or kill them. Muscovy are def fighters, I love the breed but it's just the way they are.

Back
Top Bottom