Hi everyone, first post here on byc!

When we bought this silkie the seller told us she was partridge colored. After looking at other silkies online and studying her coloring she seems to be a non standard color, like a mix between buff and partridge. She looks really light colored to me. I'm just curious if her coloring is actually partridge. Thanks a bunch!
I've been raising sikies for almost 5 years. One thing I've learned is that the colors are unpredictable for the most part. This looks like a partridge color to me. We have one that is 3 yes old. Each time she has melted her feathers lighten or darken. Over all she has mostly darkened up. She's beautiful. Don't be surprised if yours does the same.

I'm super curious about colors too...
This is Lemonade (he was light yellow as a chick) and my (semi-) new chick, Sally.
I'm guessing he's considered "Red?"
And that Sally may be that mix of buff and partridge that's been mentioned?
(Not really sure if she's 100% Silkie though. She has four toes on one foot, five on the other.)
IMG_7160.jpg

A

I'm super curious about colors too...
This is Lemonade (he was light yellow as a chick) and my (semi-) new chick, Sally.
I'm guessing he's considered "Red?"
And that Sally may be that mix of buff and partridge that's been mentioned?
(Not really sure if she's 100% Silkie though. She has four toes on one foot, five on the other.)
View attachment 2850681
A
Handsome boy! He looks red. Your girl does appear to be a standard partridge from what I can tell.😊
What color are her under feathers? Seen best in the tail.
It is not uncommon for silkies to have 4,5 or even 6 toes on each foot. She looks pure silkie. She would just not meet the SOP (Standard of Perfection) for the breed.
This is a standard partridge silkie where the under feathers are black. In the blue partridge, these are replaced by blue.
black partridge.jpg

Handsome boy! He looks red. Your girl does appear to be a standard partridge from what I can tell.😊
What color are her under feathers? Seen best in the tail.
It is not uncommon for silkies to have 4,5 or even 6 toes on each foot. She looks pure silkie. She would just not meet the SOP (Standard of Perfection) for the breed.
This is a standard partridge silkie where the under feathers are black. In the blue partridge, these are replaced by blue.View attachment 2850875
Wow! Love the thick “boots” on her! Thanks for the info. Sally came from a TS swap and the lady wasn’t sure if she was a mix or not. She had a variety of chicks together, 15 or so. Sally’s coloring is what sold me on her. ❤️

Hi everyone, first post here on byc!

When we bought this silkie the seller told us she was partridge colored. After looking at other silkies online and studying her coloring she seems to be a non standard color, like a mix between buff and partridge. She looks really light colored to me. I'm just curious if her coloring is actually partridge. Thanks a bunch!
Blue Buff Partridge Silkie. Very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom