Is this a polish chick?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Harley Chick, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Harley Chick

Harley Chick Songster

Apr 4, 2018
    Unionville TN
    IMG_9455.jpg IMG_9470.jpg Got two polish chicks from Rural King last Friday. The silver laced chick has a very pronounced top hat but the "buff polish chick" doesn't seems to have one? IMG_9470.jpg Is this a polish chick?

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Got my Puppy

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Can you get a picture in normal light with it standing?

3. Mosey2003

Mosey2003 Crowing

Apr 13, 2016
    NC IL
    Looks like the second one just has a very small top knot rather than the regular full one. I'm no Polish expert though.

4. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. .....

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    It's definitely crested, and is most likely a buff polish, but cant definitively ID based on these photos....natural light (turn off the heat lamp, there us no risk of them becoming chilled in the time it takes to photograph) and standing

Harley Chick likes this.
  5. Harley Chick

Harley Chick Songster

Apr 4, 2018
    Unionville TN
    I will get a better on tonight!!! I've started feeding tiny pieces of meal worms and they LOVE them so now rush my hand every time I put it in the brooder LOL. It's hilarious! These chickens have such a comical personality, they seem different from the other girls as chicks?

6. Harley Chick

Harley Chick Songster

Apr 4, 2018
    Unionville TN
    Sorry for the late response, been nursing a sick baby. Well I'm very sad as my little photo bomber passed yesterday. I discovered pasty butt on Saturday, cleaned her, doted over her but I found her dead first thing Monday morning. Not sure if it was the pasty butt or failure to thrive but I think the latter. She wasn't growing and I could clearly see the size difference in the last few days compared to her sibling. So, because I had a lone chick, I purchased two more girls for company. A breed (spintzenhaben?) that I've never heard of and an easter egger ( love those puffy cheeks). So now my lone chick has two friends instead of one. IMG_9525.jpg IMG_9524.jpg

poisondartfrog likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: