Is this a quack?!

CarolMck

Chirping
Apr 23, 2021
Hi all!:frow

I hope everyone is well and having a nice weekend!

My babies are now just turning 2 weeks old and a couple seem to have started making some new vocalisations... I would probably describe it as ‘VOOT’ if that makes any sense at all- haha :lau one runner is also absolutely massive (head and shoulders above with a beak twice the size) compared to the rest but I suppose that’s just how it can be sometimes:idunno

I’ve tried to get a video of the sounds but of course they stop... but I did get one tiny clip of the noise on camera here:

I hope that link works :fl

I was wondering if this is perhaps an early quack and making it likely that those are females? I didn’t think they would be making themselves ‘known’ so early so was just wondering if anyone with experience of ducklings would have any ideas! :D

Haha that kinda beep/quack noise is funny, one of our ducks have started to do this and it’s gotten louder over the past few days. Just there voices coming on & changing, I don’t quite a lot of research on this

Haha that kinda beep/quack noise is funny, one of our ducks have started to do this and it’s gotten louder over the past few days. Just there voices coming on & changing, I don’t quite a lot of research on this
Thank you for your reply- it’s such a cute little noise! I love hearing it :D

Back
Top Bottom