Is this a Respiratory disease?

Unless she does that every few minutes, or has other symptoms, such as watery/bubbly eye, nasal drainage, or crackles with breathing, it may just be a squawk, and nothing serious to worry about. If you can take her off the roost at night in the dark, where you could examine her, open her beak and look into the beak and throat with a flashlight for any yellow material, canker, or mucus.

Unless she does that every few minutes, or has other symptoms, such as watery/bubbly eye, nasal drainage, or crackles with breathing, it may just be a squawk, and nothing serious to worry about. If you can take her off the roost at night in the dark, where you could examine her, open her beak and look into the beak and throat with a flashlight for any yellow material, canker, or mucus.
Now one of my other hen is playing up....
I've noticed a couple other ones are kind slightly making similar noises.

Could someone please recommend some medicine that is good overall for respiratory issues?

As long as you are not seeing bubbles or foam in their eyes, or swollen eyelids/faces, you are probably dealing with a virus, infectious bronchitis, and it will not respond to antibiotics or other medicines. But if you do see those other symptoms, Tylosin or similar antibiotics can help. I would just make sure they all are taking water well, and not having other symptoms. It takes a month for them to stop sneezing, but you may see new birds getting sick.

I dealt with infectious bronchitis years ago, and eventually, all chickens got it. They all tolerated it well. I did see some wrinkled egg shells, and later on some other egg shell deformities. There is a chance of kidney or future reproductive disorders.

Close your flock to any new birds or hatching chicks for a year after the last chicken gets the sneezing. That will assure that they don’t pass on the infectious bronchitis virus to others. Also don’t rehome any birds. Here is a good chart about egg shell problems, many of which can be caused by infectious bronchitis:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/common-egg-quality-problems.65923/

Back
Top Bottom