Is this a Roo

We’ve had people look at him before and said he’s more then likely a rooster and even my husband’s dad who’s had countless chickens said he looks like a rooster
Well then, your husband's dad and those people don't know definitive factors between the difference of male and female chickens.
He doesn’t squat
Not all pullets squat at first. I have a 19 week old pullet that doesn't squat. Doesn't make her a cockerel.

It’s about 20 weeks old. Because it was red before anyone else and it’s always watching the hens and he never gets pecked and if that happens he gets extremely mad and puffs up and it’s trying to crow
And he’s been mounting the top hen
It was red before others because it was most mature. That most likely also caused it to be at the top of the pecking order. All those other things you mentioned are displays female dominance in the flock.

It is a pullet nearing POL. The people that are saying rooster are wrong. First clue is that they're calling a young bird a rooster. It would be a cockerel. Second is that they don't know what they're looking at. This bird has zero male traits that would be very obvious by now.

I have a pullet (now a hen) that crows. That isn't always an indicator.

Number of chickens someone has had etc means nothing if they didn't put in the time and effort to properly educate themselves. One of my friends has never had chickens. She could go out tomorrow and buy 400 chickens. Then she could say she owns 400. Does that make her an expert? No.
Fist of all he’s what helped up at the vary beginning and he was also taught by a veterinarian on chicken care and that veterinarian also raised chickens as well

Stating opinions is not arguing. Is there any possibility that you MIGHT be wrong ?
I haven’t read through yet. From the most recent posts I got the impression the OP was insisting we were wrong.

Of course there is a chance I am wrong. Henny feathered roosters do exist, but more commonly in gamefowl. I still do believe this is a hen though.

We’ve had people look at him before and said he’s more then likely a rooster and even my husband’s dad who’s had countless chickens said he looks like a rooster
I’m sorry to say but your husband’s dad is wrong. She has zero features of a rooster, and it is beyond me why they would think that she looks like one.

Back
Top Bottom