Is this a rooster?

Linda Lu

Chirping
Mar 31, 2015
Western North Carolina
I just acquired these young (4 months?) Rhode Island Reds but i think i have 2 roosters out of 6. Their combs are more predominate then others. Also one in pic is dominate personality and not afraid to approach me and even peck at me.What do you think?

Last edited:
What are red sex links? Is that a kind of hybrid? I'm new to this chicken thing as I only had golden comets one before and these chicks were given to us as they were moving. Thanks for any help you can give.

Last edited:
What are red sex links? Is that a kind of hybrid? I'm new to this chicken thing as I only had golden comets one before and these chicks were given to us as they were moving. Thanks for any help you can give.

I believe that golden comets are a sex link chicken meaning that gender can be known when they hatch. I have black sex links. My pullets have very small combs and your chickens comb is very impressive. I don't know the breed but I would think the one in front was a rooster (unless it laid an egg). The ones in the background look like pullets (girls). They are suppose to be great layers so be ready for eggs. You might not need a rooster if all you want is eggs.

If someone agreed with my opinion they might post "X2", the next person might post "X3", etc.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom