Is this a rooster?

Verona-Chickens

Hatching
Jul 20, 2023
We have 5, 8 week old chickens we purchased from farm and fleet, one seems to be a rooster. All 5 are different breeds so we have nothing to compare to. The one in question is a Grey Easteregger. Can anyone confirm from the photo if this is in fact a rooster? I'm praying he is really a she. It crows, but I read hens can take on that roll sometimes. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20230718_075522.jpg
    IMG_20230718_075522.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 65
It is larger than the other 4. Darn, darn, darn!
You can rehome on FB chicken sites for your area (avoid selling language, it's usually "up for discussion" and "PM me for details". Or you can post on craigslist in the Farm-Garden site where livestock sales are allowed. "Free rooster", or $5-15 depending on breed and how badly you want to get rid of it.

Sorry it's a male when you were expecting all females.

You can rehome on FB chicken sites for your area (avoid selling language, it's usually "up for discussion" and "PM me for details". Or you can post on craigslist in the Farm-Garden site where livestock sales are allowed. "Free rooster", or $5-15 depending on breed and how badly you want to get rid of it.

Sorry it's a male when you were expecting all females.
Yea I wouldn't expect anything but a home for him. They were 75% off so like a $1.50!!! He is beautiful and we will miss him. His name is Stacey, which was his name when we thought it was a hen. Still fits lol.

Back
Top Bottom