Is this a rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mettomom, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Mettomom

Mettomom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2013
    Hello!! I would SO appreciate anyone's feedback... I absolutely LOVE this chick. I have had her and two others for about 10 weeks. Recently I have had a suspicion that this one "Nora" is actually a rooster. Unfortunately I cannot keep a rooster in my area. can anyone further advise me if she is a rooster... and if so any information on a loving wonderful home for her would be so appreciated. I am in south florida :)

Thank s in advance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    Silver phoenix rooster

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Ya, that looks like a rooster. The easiest way to place them is usually though Craigs List, or local ag papers. Also fliers at try any farm stores or places that sell chicken feed, ask at your vet office, byc, 4-H or FFA group might be something to try also. Make sure you ask or specify that you are looking for a pet home since most roos do go for meat.

4. Chickens R Us

Chickens R Us Chillin' With My Peeps

yep it's a roo

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Cockerel. The comb is really red for a 10 week old pullet, and you can clearly see pointed saddle and hackle feathers. I'm sorry that you have to get rid of him...

6. Mettomom

Jul 23, 2013
    Thank you very much for your feed back and suggestions on how to find him a new home. He really is just the sweetest thing.

7. Mettomom

Jul 23, 2013
    I am too so sorry :( its just braking my heart. Thanks for your feed back.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by