Is this a sign she may lay soon?

Sounds like a wonderful place for your feathered friends (I mis-visualized the hawk concern to be in the area just outside the window but now see your set up is similar to mine in that there's a protected run there but also the great outdoors beyond). Your nice warm territory sounds sooooooooo good right now as we've been stuck in a relentless freeze!!!!!
JJ

I woke up to my girls doing a weird sound this morning and I thought oh there must be something going on.. My girls finally laid me an egg.
Hilda laid her first EGG.. HURRAY>> so my chickens took 5 months to lay their first.. check out the pic below. it is a tiny egg..but beautiful , hard and strong shell.
Oh I was so happy I got my first egg. But I had church so no time for pics, but I am back now. I would like to introduce you all to my first egg from my girl Hilda.

44933_firstegg1.jpg

44933_firstegg2.jpg

what a good looking boy.. can't wait to eat him. hehehe

So one day she laid in the 9-10am and the next day at 2-2:30pm.. so I figure she is laying every 28 hours or so. Unfortunately today the 28th hour falls at around 6pm which is already night in my neck of the woods. So I am figuring she will not lay today and wait until Wed to lay her next egg. fl prove me wrong Hilda. But I am anxious for the other girls to start laying as well, so far they don't even go and lay on the nest. I have one nest for the 3 girls should I build them one more nest?

So yeah I am super happy that Hilda is laying and I still have to go and get her that layer feed, she is still running on green grass and whatever bugs she can find and the regular grow mash. I figure so far that has been good because her eggs are super clean and strong. I don't want to introduce a new food and mess up her cycle.

My 3 RIRs from McMurray have started laying. Today the last one in the bunch blessed me with an egg. So Hilda, Matilda and Agnus are laying. Hilda started at 5 months old, Agnus started at 5 1/2 Months old and Matilda 5 1/2 plus a couple days. So yeah I am super happy got 3 eggs from my 3 girls today all before 10am.

Back
Top Bottom