Is this a snake hole or mouse hole?

mrl8810

Songster
Jun 26, 2019
I went out today and saw this hole at my chicken coop..I don't remember seeing it before today though...its burrowed underneath...any ideas? Also if it is a snake can i buy a mouse glue board to leave at the outside hole to catch the snake/mouse? Thanks.

Attachments

• image1 (17).jpeg
    image1 (17).jpeg
    480.6 KB · Views: 118
  • image2 (5).jpeg
    image2 (5).jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 34
  • image1 (16).jpeg
    image1 (16).jpeg
    694 KB · Views: 32
  • image2 (4).jpeg
    image2 (4).jpeg
    454.8 KB · Views: 39
I don't know the answers to the questions you've asked. I do have a suggestion, however. If something can burrow under & get into the coop/run area, you may want to consider extending that hardware cloth into the dirt a ways. And I would pop a couple of mothballs down the hole & see what happens. Kinda like a varmint eviction notice. I throw used coffee grounds down the holes all over my yard, too.

I don't know the answers to the questions you've asked. I do have a suggestion, however. If something can burrow under & get into the coop/run area, you may want to consider extending that hardware cloth into the dirt a ways. And I would pop a couple of mothballs down the hole & see what happens. Kinda like a varmint eviction notice. I throw used coffee grounds down the holes all over my yard, too.
What do the coffee grounds do?

I went out today and saw this hole at my chicken coop..I don't remember seeing it before today though...its burrowed underneath...any ideas? Also if it is a snake can i buy a mouse glue board to leave at the outside hole to catch the snake/mouse? Thanks.
They look like rodent burrows. If you install a predator apron, that will put an end to it.

Back
Top Bottom