Is this a snake hole or mouse hole?

mrl8810

Chirping
Jun 26, 2019
I went out today and saw this hole at my chicken coop..I don't remember seeing it before today though...its burrowed underneath...any ideas? Also if it is a snake can i buy a mouse glue board to leave at the outside hole to catch the snake/mouse? Thanks.

Attachments

• image1 (17).jpeg
    image1 (17).jpeg
    480.6 KB · Views: 28
  • image2 (5).jpeg
    image2 (5).jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image1 (16).jpeg
    image1 (16).jpeg
    694 KB · Views: 23
  • image2 (4).jpeg
    image2 (4).jpeg
    454.8 KB · Views: 26

BarredRockMom

Crowing
8 Years
Jun 9, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't know the answers to the questions you've asked. I do have a suggestion, however. If something can burrow under & get into the coop/run area, you may want to consider extending that hardware cloth into the dirt a ways. And I would pop a couple of mothballs down the hole & see what happens. Kinda like a varmint eviction notice. I throw used coffee grounds down the holes all over my yard, too.

mrl8810

Chirping
Jun 26, 2019
I don't know the answers to the questions you've asked. I do have a suggestion, however. If something can burrow under & get into the coop/run area, you may want to consider extending that hardware cloth into the dirt a ways. And I would pop a couple of mothballs down the hole & see what happens. Kinda like a varmint eviction notice. I throw used coffee grounds down the holes all over my yard, too.
What do the coffee grounds do?

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
My Coop
I went out today and saw this hole at my chicken coop..I don't remember seeing it before today though...its burrowed underneath...any ideas? Also if it is a snake can i buy a mouse glue board to leave at the outside hole to catch the snake/mouse? Thanks.
They look like rodent burrows. If you install a predator apron, that will put an end to it.

Top Bottom