Is this a surge in chicken keepers?

We got our chicks because we finally have the free time to do all the things we have been thinking about doing for ages and never have time to get going. I'm sure there are a lot of people in the same situation. All the half-done projects getting done, rooms being repainted, gardens being spruced up, etc. I had wanted chickens for a while but just never had the time to raise babies and build a coop and all. Now I have lots of time! I think it's nice seeing people get back to basics right now. I'm a runner and I have never seen so many people out on the trails as now. It's great! More people are cooking too. I am hoping everyone takes this chance to do the things they've always meant to do and stays with it once life goes back to normal.

I would think so. My parents are considering cows for us to make us more self sustainable and before the pandemic it was only a passing thought. But I think this makes people realize how dependent we are on grocery stores and other industries and makes them want to create a more stable lifestyle.

I am hatching lots of chicks!
20200421_145538.jpg

How many buckets full do you want?

Our local TSC and farm supply stores are selling their baby chicks almost as soon as they are received and placed into the brooders. I fear that when/if things get back to normal there are are going to be many folks that will choose to just let their chickens loose or dump them out along country roads rather than continuing to raise them.

Our local TSC and farm supply stores are selling their baby chicks almost as soon as they are received and placed into the brooders. I fear that when/if things get back to normal there are are going to be many folks that will choose to just let their chickens loose or dump them out along country roads rather than continuing to raise them.
That’s sad

Back
Top Bottom