Is this a truce?

TheTwoRoos

Crowing
Sep 25, 2015
I have 3 roosters,two of them are 8 months old,and the oldest is 5 or 6 six yrs.He usually can't stand the youngsters,so he attacks them.They never have,ever decided fight back,and our oldest guy just doesn't spar,he kills.

But I notice today,him and my cockeral Zeus,were standing right next to each other,only about 3 inches apart.Which is so rare.I heard that when roosters just decide their best buds.it's considered a "Truce'.Zues gets nervous even though Our big roosters isn't threating him.So is this a truce?

Yes sometimes two roosters just tend to be less bothered about another one's presence. Don't know whether it is a truce or not but if they are at peace its all that matters.

Sounds OK.. but its weird they you older rooster will kill other ones often.

Usually they will form a pecking order like the hens.. so long as they have enough room...they will know their place and not fight... unless its a fighting breed of chicken of course.

Well,he is used to being the ONLY roosters,and that truce didn't last long.Our last roo that we hatched out,from big roos blood,he blinded and broke his neck.

He sounds nasty!

I have 7 roosters and they all get on together fine.

They even help look after the chicks... make great dads.

Is your rooster a breed that is for fighting?

He sounds nasty!

I have 7 roosters and they all get on together fine.

They even help look after the chicks... make great dads.

Is your rooster a breed that is for fighting?
I don't think so,but he could possibly be a mix (Lady we got him from had tons of roosters togther and he was one of them together.But here isa picture.

That's what his son did,accept they didn't even have a truce,his son just got sick of being pushed around.

Back
Top Bottom