Is this a true Americauna Rooster ?

MaineFlyersFan

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 25, 2013
I was sold this Rooster as a true full blooded Americauna. I wanted to see if anyone one saw anything to suggest otherwise as I want to get some Americauna hens and start breeding them. Thanks for any help !

Not sure it it's your mistake or the breeder's, but any time you see Ameraucana spelled "Americana" that's a sign of an EE as well. That spelling is often used to mislead customers while technically not telling a lie.

Not sure it it's your mistake or the breeder's, but any time you see Ameraucana spelled "Americana" that's a sign of an EE as well. That spelling is often used to mislead customers while technically not telling a lie.

Yes, that was my mistake. The breeder sold him to me as an Ameraucana I am/was just unsure of the spelling. I just checked with the breeder and he offered to sell some pullets to go with this rooster and said he is an Ameraucana. I'm guessing from the post above he is somewhat misinformed about it being a purebred like he claims though. Thank you for your input !

Back
Top Bottom