1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this an all right thing to do?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by phoenixmama, Apr 15, 2009.

1. phoenixmama

phoenixmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Gilbert, Arizona
    So, when ordering from some of the hatcheries...and the minimum order is 25: say I don't want 25, I can just sell the extras on Craigslist or something right? Or is this going against some unwritten rule?

2. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    I see people doing it all the time. I am going to probably have to do it because I ordered a minimum order before I found out I could get small numbers of chicks at TSC and MyPetChicken.

3. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    that would be a great idea!! if you can't keep them all that is. do you know about when they will get to you? I would post an ad here and/craigslist a week or two in advance just to have some interests and it wouldn't take as long to get rid of the ones you don't want to keep

4. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Lots of people do that. I would keep the chicks for about a week to make sure they're healthy, and then sell them [​IMG]

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It happens ALL THE TIME. Go for it.

6. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Sure!!!

I'm planning on offloading my plethora of roosters on craigslist here in about a month [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    that's exactly what I did: posted on craigslist that my order of 25 was coming and what breeds I ordered and said I only wanted to keep half so I'd sell the rest to interested parties. I posted right before bed and got more replies than I needed by the time I woke up the next morning. Go for it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by