Is this an Araucana?

chickenlickin8

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Valrico, Florida
My Coop
My Coop
This 6 week old pullet looks different from my other ee babies...could this be an Araucana with a tail? The legs and feet are yellow and it has a pea comb and clean face....no beard. Do Araucanas lay blue eggs? She's very pretty regardless!

She's an Easter egger. You listed several traits that prevent her from being an Araucana. She'll probably mature to be colored similar to a red sex link, I've had a couple Easter egger hens colored like that.

So , is an EE an Americana? Or something completely different??? I too have what the hatchery said was 2 female Americana/Auroracana however they look a lot like my male Silver laced Wyndottes so I am very confused??

So , is an EE an Americana? Or something completely different??? I too have what the hatchery said was 2 female Americana/Auroracana however they look a lot like my male Silver laced Wyndottes so I am very confused??
two different things. EEs are mutts, ameraucanas are a pure breed. Go to this website to learn more about AMs www.ameraucana.org . Hatcheries mislabel EEs as ameraucanas and araucanas a lot.

Feel free to start a new thread with pics of your birds and we can help you out. Black and white birds are harder to sex by color, so if you can get comb shots along with profile pics including legs and comb would be great. Oh, also let us know how old they are--that can be quite important!!

Back
Top Bottom