Is this an Easter Egger?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by eastereggermom, Sep 21, 2012.

1. eastereggermom

eastereggermom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2012
    [​IMG]
    She doesn't look like her sisters. If she is an Easter Egger, any guesses what coloring she will have when she matures? She is almost three weeks old. Thanks!

2. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    It has green legs, I can't see the comb, but the legs are the color of an Easter Egger. Because EE's are a mixed breed, they can really look like any number of things - they aren't all super similar in design. She may stay whitish as she grows.

3. eastereggermom

eastereggermom Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2012
    Thanks! I can tell my husband to quit singing "One of these things is not like the other..."!

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Does she have a pea comb and a beard or muffs? Those are characteristics of easter eggers also. Plus, well, you know, laying colored eggs! But that has to wait a while...........

I have easter eggers who are colored like a dilute sex link, kinda blonde on the front fading to white on the tail. I'll bet that's what she'll look like.

5. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    I had an easter egger chick that looked rather like yours. She grew up to be pure white.

6. whitehart

whitehart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Mystery solved!!! We ordered 3 EE's from Meyer 12 weeks ago .Two look exactly as pictured on Meyer website and are beautiful brown shades ,green legs and smoothe faces with chipmunk stripes. The odd girl who we wondered about has always been pure white with an adorable muff on her cheeks. Her legs are green. Now we know we do indeed have 3 EE's Thanks for the info!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. Mattlime

Mattlime Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Bostic, North Carolina
    She could be a white ameracana although they are not pure breeds they are pretty...but it is a pullet and is an EE...she will be very pretty when she gets older...

8. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the white one will be a white EE

9. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    what's not pure breeds?? Ameraucana's are pure breeds but this particular chick is an EE, which basically means it doesn't fit into the ameraucana standard but carries the blue egg laying gene

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by