Is this an Easter Egger?

eastereggermom

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 5, 2012

She doesn't look like her sisters. If she is an Easter Egger, any guesses what coloring she will have when she matures? She is almost three weeks old. Thanks!

It has green legs, I can't see the comb, but the legs are the color of an Easter Egger. Because EE's are a mixed breed, they can really look like any number of things - they aren't all super similar in design. She may stay whitish as she grows.

Does she have a pea comb and a beard or muffs? Those are characteristics of easter eggers also. Plus, well, you know, laying colored eggs! But that has to wait a while...........

I have easter eggers who are colored like a dilute sex link, kinda blonde on the front fading to white on the tail. I'll bet that's what she'll look like.

Mystery solved!!! We ordered 3 EE's from Meyer 12 weeks ago .Two look exactly as pictured on Meyer website and are beautiful brown shades ,green legs and smoothe faces with chipmunk stripes. The odd girl who we wondered about has always been pure white with an adorable muff on her cheeks. Her legs are green. Now we know we do indeed have 3 EE's Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
She could be a white ameracana although they are not pure breeds they are pretty...but it is a pullet and is an EE...she will be very pretty when she gets older...
what's not pure breeds?? Ameraucana's are pure breeds but this particular chick is an EE, which basically means it doesn't fit into the ameraucana standard but carries the blue egg laying gene

Back
Top Bottom