Is this Ancona a Rooster?

Definitely a girl!!!! Here's my girl who was born at the beginning of March and started laying about a week ago! She's the first of all of my girls to lay and her eggs are so small and absolutely PERFECT! I say yours is going to lay any day now. These pics were taken yesterday

She looks like my 2 Ancona girls, so I vote girl. My Anconas dont' have the curved tail, but I did hatch several EE hens this year that I thought were roosters because of the tail curving. Nope, they are hens.

Thank you everyone, Blake has been squatting a lot lately so I expecting to find a white egg around here soon! I will update when she does. :)
At one time I was 98% sure Blake was a rooster, but everyone was able to keep my hopes up.

Thank You everyone! :)

Hay again, Blake started laying about a week and a half ago! I totally forgot about posting it, but anyways, that is the big news! :)
wee.gif

Can I jump in for an opinion? I have 2 Ancona chicks that look completely different and I need to know if I have 2 hens or a hen and rooster. I really hope it's 2 hens and they are just developing differently...

Attachments

• IMG_1838.JPG
    IMG_1838.JPG
    438.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1840.JPG
    IMG_1840.JPG
    452.5 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom