Is This Angel Wing???

Here it is all wrapped up. That video in the sticky is FANTASTIC.

20210312_181150.jpg

Ok. I left her wing wrapped for 9 days. I took off the wrap tonight... and her wing doesn't look right. It's no longer sticking out from her body like a hitchhiker's thumb. Instead, it's drooping. I wrapped it like the video - or at least I *thought* I did.

Did I wrap it incorrectly and inadvertantly make it worse? Or is it just weak from being wrapped up for a week? Should I try wrapping it again?

20210320_204112.jpg

20210320_204117.jpg

This is a pic I found on the internet of another duck. This is exactly what Clementine's wing looked like. I figured I'd include it to illustrate how it's changed.
hredirect2.jpeg

Have you had her wing wrapped all the time? Usually with angel wing you only want it wrapped for part of the day. I usually do it at night and take the wrap off in the morning, if they have not pullen it off. They are strengthening those wings during that age. The wing normally hangs down a bit do to the increase in weight. If it had been on all day, it could be weakened do to lack of use.

Have you had her wing wrapped all the time? Usually with angel wing you only want it wrapped for part of the day. I usually do it at night and take the wrap off in the morning, if they have not pullen it off. They are strengthening those wings during that age. The wing normally hangs down a bit do to the increase in weight. If it had been on all day, it could be weakened do to lack of use.
Yes, I left it on the whole time. I read SOOOO many posts that said unwrapping it would just cause it to go back to the hitchhiker's thumb angle.
:barnie:he:th

We'll see how she does.... Maybe it'll get stronger as time marches on.

Thanks for the info! I'll remember that if I deal with this again.

Yes, I left it on the whole time. I read SOOOO many posts that said unwrapping it would just cause it to go back to the hitchhiker's thumb angle.
:barnie:he:th

We'll see how she does.... Maybe it'll get stronger as time marches on.

Thanks for the info! I'll remember that if I deal with this again.
Yeah. It should get stronger as she uses it more. A lot of articles I have read about angel wing are on older ducks and correcting it later. I feel it is harder to correct at an older age.

I feel like Metzer may have angle wing genetics in the swedes. This is my second one that had issues, granted mine were minor cases. After hearing about yours too, it sounds likely. I caught it really early in my black swedish and only had to wrap it one night. My other blue swedish, I wrapped for maybe 3 or 4 nights.

Back
Top Bottom