Is this animal abuse?

Pics
Our neighbors have a herd of goats, who have a small pen about 13 by 13 pen with around 10-14 goats that live in the mud, and there hobbled to roots in the ground when they try to escape. Today I saw a Nanny and her kids laying dead in the yard for I don’t know how long. Is this abuse? They don’t want to talk ever and the goats only have a small shak open on two sides for shelter. I am worried and they look very sad and depressed. They try to get out any chance they get.
YES! contact your local fish & game!

Thank you! i personally dont like PETA but this is not the place!

It is a subject about which a lot of people feel passionately, and passion often leads to arguments and hurt feelings . . . which is something we try to avoid here. Hence, the prohibition. :idunno

Goats trying to escape is perfectly normal goat behavior, which is why so many goat owners have to go to extremes to keep them in. The owners of these goats will NEVER teach them not to try, if that is their justification for what they do. Even a fat goat will try to convince you it is starving, all the time. Some of what the OP has said is par for the course with goats (longtime goat owners will tell you that goats are born looking for a way to die). There are many levels of what is considered appropriate care for livestock, but some of the things the OP has posted sound like serious gaps in basic care or even knowledge of basic care. I agree with the others; the OP needs to find out what is considered appropriate in their area, and if what the neighbors are doing violate that, they should be reported to Animal Control or whatever other local authority has oversight over livestock.

It is a subject about which a lot of people feel passionately, and passion often leads to arguments and hurt feelings . . . which is something we try to avoid here. Hence, the prohibition. :idunno

Goats trying to escape is perfectly normal goat behavior, which is why so many goat owners have to go to extremes to keep them in. The owners of these goats will NEVER teach them not to try, if that is their justification for what they do. Even a fat goat will try to convince you it is starving, all the time. Some of what the OP has said is par for the course with goats (longtime goat owners will tell you that goats are born looking for a way to die). There are many levels of what is considered appropriate care for livestock, but some of the things the OP has posted sound like serious gaps in basic care or even knowledge of basic care. I agree with the others; the OP needs to find out what is considered appropriate in their area, and if what the neighbors are doing violate that, they should be reported to Animal Control or whatever other local authority has oversight over livestock.
I agree, there are some strange gaps in care here, especially with the dead goats. very sad :(

Back
Top Bottom