Is this araucana male or female?

beggas82

In the Brooder
Dec 15, 2015

Last edited:
You don't mention age, and I am assuming European standard Araucana as tuft and tail (but it is missing a beard, so likely Easter Egger or non-standard European Araucana).

I'm thinking it is a male as I am seeing the start of a sickle tail feather, but I'm not seeing much saddle, although first photo appears to have some saddling, and the comb is not that pronounced.

If it is 16 weeks or older, you may have a female with a little funk in the tail if she is molting out of the last juvenile molt.

If it is younger than 16 weeks, you likely have a male....and overall I'm thinking it is a maturing male.

My thoughts.

LofMc

You don't mention age, and I am assuming European standard Araucana as tuft and tail (but it is missing a beard, so likely Easter Egger or non-standard European Araucana).

I'm thinking it is a male as I am seeing the start of a sickle tail feather, but I'm not seeing much saddle, although first photo appears to have some saddling, and the comb is not that pronounced.

If it is 16 weeks or older, you may have a female with a little funk in the tail if she is molting out of the last juvenile molt.

If it is younger than 16 weeks, you likely have a male....and overall I'm thinking it is a maturing male.

My thoughts.

LofMc
It's about 14 weeks

Back
Top Bottom