Is this baby peacock a male or female?

They did not cooperate but this pic is of one of them with a semi profile view.

Another close up of both. I feel like the smaller one is for sure a female. I'm thinking they might both be at this point. Thanks for everyone's help! Any advice on taming them would be greatly appreciated.

Catch them, work with them, pet them everyday, talk to them, give them meal worms as a treat. That's what I did to get all of my adult's tame. Since these are chicks it will be a lot easier since they might imprint on you.

This is my unnamed peachick of nearly 16 days old. Absolutely adorable. Hatched by incubator alone . My very first time so very special. Still unsure if boy or girl. Trying to name him/ her

Attachments

• IMG_20180619_154348.jpg
    IMG_20180619_154348.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 26
Here are our two , week old silkies. Powderpuff the grey one and Silkie. I have sadly had one chick not make it at pip stage. One duckling about to hatch today, has just pipped and two Silkie serama chicks due on Thursday.

Attachments

• IMG_20180610_175330.jpg
    IMG_20180610_175330.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 25
" Kevin " is a girl ? I doubt the bird will ever attack you since its imprinted on you. My male came from some place else and on a couple occasions thought about challenging me but recognizing the behavior and them quickly raising my arms up and making myself bigger and walking at him changed his mind

When your birds gets all its color in they are easy to differentiate , the back and wings of males will have the black n charcoal band stripping and the females will be all one color charcoal

Back
Top Bottom