Is this baby peacock a male or female?

I am feeling left out.
hu.gif
Anyone want to tell me the sex on these two on top?
I think every pied I have is male, only two SP hens in the whole batch.

These two pieds on the right look male to me.

That pretty baby looks so much younger than the 4 month olds i have here, and it has girly looking legs, i don't think it has green blood not much if it does, those little crest can grow like this when they are wee peas, i see it all the time.
wink.png
what it looks like when they are subadults is what would be a tail tail sign IMO
wink.png

This post is really helpful - currently trying to sex Ripley (4 months old) - she /he has started to develop greenish neck feathers...any more experienced views?

I guess female. I had one that looked just like yours and turned out to be a girl.Yours does look younger than four months, my two peahens are four months and seem bigger. I will take their pic tomorrow.

Can someone on this feed help me figure out the possible sex of my two baby Peachicks? They are about 3 1/2- 4 months old. One is bigger than the other and they both have green coming on their Nevis. One has a bit more distinct barring than the other but there really isn't much of a difference. I'm stumped! Also, they are not tame at all as the first 5 weeks of their lives they were free range with their mother until something started getting the babies. The owner gave them to me to raise and I'm trying to make them more friendly but it is tough! They will be free range on my friend's farm in the future but I want to make sure they will come back if they are on the farm! Please help! I appreciate it in advance!

Back
Top Bottom