Is this beak normal?

WalnutTree

Songster
Jun 26, 2020
WA Seattle
New to chicken keeping. Is this beak normal? Looks almost like mild crossbeak. If that's the case, is there anything I can do?
She is new to the flock so I do not know how long she has had it.
She is eating and drinking fine.
1031211641c.jpg

Where did you get her? Do you know how old she is?

It still looks like an overgrown beak. You should trim it.
I got her from craigslist. Wanted to help someone thin out their flock. The person said she was 18 months but I am not too sure. I've had her for 2 days and she hasn't layed an egg yet.

I'll trim her beak, just need to do the research.
Also is there a sign when you should trim a chickens nails? I feel like most of my flock needs them trimmed. I can attach a picture.

I got her from craigslist. Wanted to help someone thin out their flock. The person said she was 18 months but I am not too sure. I've had her for 2 days and she hasn't layed an egg yet.

I'll trim her beak, just need to do the research.
Also is there a sign when you should trim a chickens nails? I feel like most of my flock needs them trimmed. I can attach a picture.
I've never trimmed my chickens' nails. If it seems like it bothers them, go for it!
Is your flock of chickens considered your pets?
I'm not sure if there is a sign that they need a trimming.

It's normal that she hasn't layed an egg at all. Sometimes they're stressed for a few days before they start laying again. She just switched homes. Give her time.

Back
Top Bottom