Is this big enough for three hens?

So Cal Chick'ns :

Well...I just love you guys...you're all great for giving me your thoughts and ideas! I will definitely work on expanding the yard before bringing a newbie into the picture.
I've been looking at all your pages and of your amazing and beautiful coops/runs...wow!!! I want one!
One question...can I borrow a husband until he makes me one of those...I promise to give him back!

I dont know about introducing another chicken but I think your size is fine. If you can let them out twice a day for an hour each time or so. i have a friend who has had 6 cochins in a garage coop that is 3x6 and no run.. couple times a week he puts them in the yard, and they seem very happy and content. not to seem insensitive to the chickens needs but they are just chickens. I love mine to death but I find they are very adaptable animals​

Dear Thinkingchickens...I have not checked the Los Angeles CL for either a husband OR coop builder, but that is a fantastic suggestion! (For the builder, not the husband). I'll take a peek and see if I can find your guy.
Thanks EVERYONE again!

So Cal Chick'ns :

Dear Thinkingchickens...I have not checked the Los Angeles CL for either a husband OR coop builder, but that is a fantastic suggestion! (For the builder, not the husband). I'll take a peek and see if I can find your guy.
Thanks EVERYONE again!

Yeah...CL might not be your best bet for a hubby...LOL
gig.gif
Wouldn't it be cool though if the coop builder ended up being a great (single) guy who likes chickens though...hehee
wink.png
tongue.png

So Cal Chick'ns :

Well...I just love you guys...you're all great for giving me your thoughts and ideas! I will definitely work on expanding the yard before bringing a newbie into the picture.
I've been looking at all your pages and of your amazing and beautiful coops/runs...wow!!! I want one!
One question...can I borrow a husband until he makes me one of those...I promise to give him back!

dangerous offer some wives will not take them back
gig.gif

Your little coop and area is beautiful and very very quaint in appearance. Love it. I would expand the run for sure and then things should be just fine, there is plenty of room inside for sleeping and such once they make friends and establish the pecking order with the new lady.​

So Cal Chick'ns :

If you supply the plane ticket I will supply the husband. He's an easy keeper and will work for food and drink.​

A little scary how easily I can acquire a husband off this forum
smile.png

Actually, I think all the coop makin', chicken lovin', nice guys are either taken by some lucky gal who's smart enough to know what she's got and takes care to hold on, or they live somewhere in the mid-west. Remember everyone...I live in "The O.C.". By my age, anything not married around here either prefers the other gender, or has already been booted by the first wife for reasons I'm sure are justifiable
smile.png
(That didn't sound too terribly bitter, now, did it?)

On a chicken side note: I deep cleaned and relocated my very teenie tiny little coop today. It took about two hours. I think I"ll just stick with two hens for now.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom