is this bumblefoot?

melonhead

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 24, 2012
Albany, NY
Another question about my Sultan's feet. I just adopted her, from a "show" situation where it seems she wasn't allowed to scratch or actually be on the ground. I think she must have been caged full time. So i've been trying to take care of her nails, and I noticed that her feet look discolored. is this bumblefoot? or just dirty or discolored feet? Either way, is there anything I can do for her?
IMG_20190718_180853.jpg
IMG_20190718_180902.jpg
IMG_20190718_180906.jpg

From the photos I'm thinking it's just stuck on crust and dirt, I'd fill a little tub up with warm (not hot) water and brush her feet with a toothbrush. Make sure to brush the bottoms as well then dry them afterwards with a towel. Keep her in a clean area till her foot feathers have dried.

I'd then post more photos afterwards so we can have another look.

I'd also suggest filing her nails down with a nail file or bit of fine sandpaper. I personally prefer not to cut mine and I stick to filing, less chance of bleeding. Her nails (on the toes she has them) look quite long.

OK, I'm going to brush her feet tonight and i'll post new pics. Also, I've been cutting her nails a little at a time, like i do with the dogs, so i can get the quick to recede (i assume it works the same way) her nails were so long they curled around her toes and she was walking funny when we got her a week ago. I think i still have some cutting room on a few toes, but then i'll file them from there.

Back
Top Bottom