Is this bumblefoot?

Tmarshall7

In the Brooder
May 27, 2020
She has this on both feet. Limping really badly on one side when she has to move but mostly is laying still for the past day. I didn't notice any issues 2 days ago, seems to have come on quickly. She is free range and no hard surfaces.

I don't see any foreign objects that would be causing harm. I've soaked her in Epson salt and applied Vetricyn yesterday and today.

Any other suggestions?
20210418_090343.jpg

20210418_090329.jpg

20210418_090444.jpg

Could be bumble especially if she is limping. If there is a scab soaking will help get it to the point where you should be able to start peeling it off take it slow and try to peel it off easily so not to tear good skin. Once you finally get the scab off more than likely you'll have to pick the bumble[infection] out with poultry it's thick. Once you get the infection out pack with something like neosporin or triple antibiotic then wrap to keep it clean and dry. Unwrap every 2 days or so you can make sure there isn't more infection and it's staying clean. Bumble is a pain to treat but once you get the infection out it heals pretty fast.

Back
Top Bottom