Is this chick a rooster?

Pics
Perhaps it's best to just go separate ways at this point. I understand that there are differing opinions on these subjects, but said subjects are very off topic for what this thread was made for.

This post is not meant to be calling anyone in particular out, nor am I agreeing or disagreeing with anyone in particular. I just feel that this has gone on too long and just needs to stop as people appear to be getting upset.

You brought it up first:
"Yes, "they" is used as a genderless pronoun when the gender is unknown. What's your first language? Your English seems good enough to be surprised you don't know this. Or maybe you're just the type of person who makes annoying nit-picky posts.
I most certainly did not. I explained my use of using "they" in referring to my chicken whose gender was unknown. I in no way alluded to transgenderism or anything deeper. The following out-of-place posts about "following the science" and XX vs XY chromosomes, on the other hand... whatever, I'm not interested in arguing about it. You're right, I'm wrong. Sorry.

I most certainly did not. I explained my use of using "they" in referring to my chicken whose gender was unknown. I in no way alluded to transgenderism or anything deeper. The following out-of-place posts about "following the science" and XX vs XY chromosomes, on the other hand... whatever, I'm not interested in arguing about it. You're right, I'm wrong. Sorry.
It's no biggie. Go cuddle your cute chickens. They make everything better. 🥰

You brought it up first:

Of course people are then going to comment on it. It's the internet. That's basically a zoo.
Oh hell no...
Now I'm pissed.
gorilla-chest.gif

More THOTS and less drama...that's what I always say...

It's science. It shouldn't be controversial.
Follow the Science.
But it’s not “the science”. There are XY females. There are people who are “mosaics” with half of their cells containing XY and half XX. There are people with XXY and many other chromosome combinations too.

But it’s not “the science”. There are XY females. There are people who are “mosaics” with half of their cells containing XY and half XX. There are people with XXY and many other chromosome combinations too.
Please don't start this up again. The ultimate question that is being asked in this thread is "When this chick grows up, will it crow or will it drop eggs?" Anything outside of that is outside of the scope of this thread.

Please don't start this up again. The ultimate question that is being asked in this thread is "When this chick grows up, will it crow or will it drop eggs?" Anything outside of that is outside of the scope of this thread.
I'm not trying to start anything. It appeared in the "new posts" section for me. I just see this misinformation about genetics a lot and I like to correct it.

Back
Top Bottom