is this common?

My hens used to do this! Weirded me out at first. Then I'd just scratch their backs and they'd shake it off and continue on their merry way lol.

lau.gif

I can't wait to tell my husband!!!!

Gotta tell ya. My daughter once raised a rooster in the house. He was totally imprinted to her. So much so that whenever he saw shoes he would hop on and try to breed them. I guess, from his point of view as a chick, shoes were mom. He never did properly relate to hens.

I have a large coop for most of my hens, and a smaller coop with about 8 hens and the Polish Rooster. I can't get into the smaller coop, but I can enter and stand upright in the larger coop. When I step into the larger coop, about 1/2 of the hens will immediately squat, forcing me to move them out of the way (gently) with my foot, or risk tripping over them. My white leghorns are the worst at this! They do love to be picked up and petted, though.

My sister freaked out when she found out why they were squatting for her!

Gotta tell ya. My daughter once raised a rooster in the house. He was totally imprinted to her. So much so that whenever he saw shoes he would hop on and try to breed them. I guess, from his point of view as a chick, shoes were mom. He never did properly relate to hens.

That is GREAT!
;o)

Back
Top Bottom