Is this Craig's List ad for real?

Yes, the autosexing information is inaccurate.

I think maybe I'll order a bunch of rare breed roosters from a hatchery and see if I can sell them for exorbitant sums of money by completely misrepresenting what I have...

Either they're trolling for a quick buck or they are truly, sadly ignorant to the value of their "product".

Let the buyer beware. She does say that this is not a standard bird.

I wonder if anyone would bite on some of my roosters...hmm...I would let Any of them go for 2 bags of feed!
lol.png

The majority of it sounds pretty legit except for the sexlink part, that's wrong, its shoud be a RIR roo on RIW hens for the chicks to be sexable at hatching.

Also it is way over priced.

And since it has a single comb, it is most likely a hatchery "RIW", and not the true ROSE Combed RIW, therefore all of that ALBC information is comletly irrelevent because that is for true RIWs, not the. single combed crossed birds that hatcheries like Welp and Ideal call RIWs

Last edited:
Yep, biggest issue I see here is another person selling a hatchery white mutt as a RIW when it truth, if a breed is that rare, RIW's especially, hatcheries won't sell them. In other words - They've got a hatchery white mutt sold to them falsely as a RIW, so they feel like selling it for $$.

Quote:
I/ We know. BUT there is no such breed as a Single Comb Rhode Island White.

Chris

Oh I thought there were both SC and RC....

Nope, it's one of those things hatcheries lie about. Same as the name "New Hampshire Red" or saying EE's are the same as Ameraucanas, which are mutts, or that Wyandottes are okay to come in SC, or that they sell real/true Buff Cornish and Oriental Gamefowl.

Quote:
I/ We know. BUT there is no such breed as a Single Comb Rhode Island White.

Chris

Not in the Rhode Island White breed. There is a SC and RC variety in the Rhode Island Red breed.

Note; The Rhode Island White and the Rhode Island Red are completely different breeds.

Chris

Last edited:
Quote:

Nope, it's one of those things hatcheries lie about. Same as the name "New Hampshire Red" or saying EE's are the same as Ameraucanas, which are mutts, or that Wyandottes are okay to come in SC, or that they sell real/true Buff Cornish and Oriental Gamefowl.

Or those little white bantam geese. You know the kind that quack....

Hatcheries don't seem to care at all about honesty (only variety), or quality (only quantity), or vitality (only long-term hatching).

Quote:

Not in the Rhode Island White breed. There is a SC and RC variety in the Rhode Island Red breed.

Note; The Rhode Island White and the Rhode Island Red are completely different breeds.

Chris

Oh, sort of like how Banny Cochins and large Cochins are completely different breeds... Or like how Orpingtons, and Orpingtons are completely different species....

Back
Top Bottom