1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this duck good enough to enter a show?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sydney13, Mar 4, 2011.

1. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I posted this question a little while ago but since then my duck has had a major growth spurt (especially with her caruncles) I wanted to ask it again. My white muscovy duck is about 9 months old and I was wondering if you think she would be good enough to enter in a poultry show. Im not expecting to win anything with her, just for fun I guess. Anyway, do you think she would do ok?
    Im also curious if anyone could tell me what her strong and weak points are? Ive looked at the muscovy standard and she seems to be the right size (6 lbs. for a young hen) but other then that im not really sure [​IMG]

So here she is [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Muscovies arent my strong point, as in the shows I have been a steward, there has not been many entered so I havent learnt much about standards. But she looks good to me. Well proportioned. I say enter her and get a qualified judges opinion. They are usually happy to talk to you about your bird after judging is finished. Its a great way to learn about the standards- and having your own bird in a pen next to others gives you the chance to compare for yourself as well.

3. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    Put that girl in the show. She looks good.Good luck [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by