Is this duck good enough to enter a show?

sydney13

Songster
Mar 11, 2010
Massachusetts
I posted this question a little while ago but since then my duck has had a major growth spurt (especially with her caruncles) I wanted to ask it again. My white muscovy duck is about 9 months old and I was wondering if you think she would be good enough to enter in a poultry show. Im not expecting to win anything with her, just for fun I guess. Anyway, do you think she would do ok?
Im also curious if anyone could tell me what her strong and weak points are? Ive looked at the muscovy standard and she seems to be the right size (6 lbs. for a young hen) but other then that im not really sure
hmm.png

So here she is
smile.png

50920_dsc_0173.jpg

50920_dsc_0163.jpg

Muscovies arent my strong point, as in the shows I have been a steward, there has not been many entered so I havent learnt much about standards. But she looks good to me. Well proportioned. I say enter her and get a qualified judges opinion. They are usually happy to talk to you about your bird after judging is finished. Its a great way to learn about the standards- and having your own bird in a pen next to others gives you the chance to compare for yourself as well.

Back
Top Bottom