Is this duck okay?

Although my main concern with keeping her now would be the things that @KaleIAm said. I'd be worried about her potentially spreading something to my other ducks.
I want to save all the ducks, too. When I adopted my rescues I accidentally got my existing flock of 2 sick. Since then I have a closed flock, nobody in or out. It is hard.

The external and internal parasites are easy to test for, and most of them are easy to treat for. The viruses are a harder choice. But since your existing flock already came from that park they've likely already been exposed to viruses.

If you do choose to keep her I wouldn't add her to your existing flock until she is well.

Shes definitely warming up to me ive just kind of been sitting in here with her most of the day. Hopefully she is realizing I am not someone trying to murder her. Her other sister at the park lets me pet her back while I feed her but she's always been a bit more skiddish. It will be interesting to see how she tames.

Shes definitely warming up to me ive just kind of been sitting in here with her most of the day. Hopefully she is realizing I am not someone trying to murder her. Her other sister at the park lets me pet her back while I feed her but she's always been a bit more skiddish. It will be interesting to see how she tames.
It is really great that she's eating so well!

She’s precious and to be comfortable enough to eat with you there is great start. When you go to treat her wrap her in a V towel just around her body to hold her wings close to her body. I saw you only have 3 towels but you can buy cheap towels at places like dollar general I keep them just for my birds and dogs.

Just finished my 1st round of treatments. I didn't have enough salt to fill the entire tub with salt water so I'm gonna to get more salt later today. For now I slowly poured about 16 cups of salty warm water onto her wound, then rubbed some neosporin on it. I found the easiest way to hold her down was to just put on my swimsuit and sit on the shower floor with her in my lap using 1 arm to hold her down while using the other to treat. Luckily she is only like 3lbs because she would be almost impossible to control if she was big.

I wish we had a video of that! How does the wound look? If you can get a really good close up of it. And remember there should B be yellow waxy stuff around it. Sorry your girl did t come home. Hopefully she’ll turn up at the park. Your doing a great job on your new patient.

Back
Top Bottom