Is this EE a boy or girl?

Is that three rows of peas on the comb? If so, I'm saying boy. It could be the picture, but I'm also seeing some red spots on the hackle, saddle and wings, also makes me think boy....

I'm so new at this, I'm not sure if it's 1 or 3 rows. I'll have to look for the red in it's feathers. I've always suspected this as a roo since we got it. It was a big chick. My hubby thinks it looks like a hawk :)

Those red patches on the wings mean boy...I had a bantam EE colored just like that one and he turned out to be a boy...although the partridge coloring looks like girl, the dark red patches are a give away.

That pink in the comb and three rows of little peas also confirm roo to be.

Sorry.

Pullet. The red on the wings is not "cockerel red" and she has pullet patterning. She looks a lot like my Hazel did at that age (and Hazel is all girl!):

ya i think its a pullet 2, not convince by the whole its cockeral
lau.gif

Wow, debid, your Hazel looks exactly like an EE chick that I have! Mine is 8-9 weeks old and I have also wondered if it's a pullet or roo. I got three of them from a guy who said they were pullets. She is also the biggest of the three and the dominant one in the group. Still hoping she's a she. Seeing your picture of "Hazel" keeps me hopeful!

Wow, debid, your Hazel looks exactly like an EE chick that I have! Mine is 8-9 weeks old and I have also wondered if it's a pullet or roo. I got three of them from a guy who said they were pullets. She is also the biggest of the three and the dominant one in the group. Still hoping she's a she. Seeing your picture of "Hazel" keeps me hopeful!

It's all about the patterning. Way back when, Illia assured me that she's a duckwing-based pullet pattern (even though she barely resembles a duckwing with everything else she has going on). Hazel lays a large, sage-green egg with very good frequency. Here is a photo from last fall so you can see how she turned out:

Back
Top Bottom