Is this egg fertile?

The hen that laid this had been mounted several times 4 days ago, the roo doesn’t leave her side. She doesn’t like the other chickens using “her” box and occasionally the roo will force other chickens out. I have left the last 3 eggs in the box for her because I think she may be laying fertile eggs, and cracked today’s egg to find out for sure. I’m pretty sure I see a bullseye but my sight isn’t as good as it used to be.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi everyone, just a quick update. The eggs are in an incubator now, I was silly enough to add more a week after the first lot so I will need to set up a hatching bator and a second brooder. All fertilised eggs are doing well and unfertilised eggs removed. On day 13 with some eggs and day 6 with others. Lots of movement in all eggs kept in bator and air cells looking good.

Thank you to everyone that has helped me with this. My sight wasn’t too good on that day (new glasses now) and you’ve all been so helpful, thank you.

I will update on hatch day 🤞

Well, let them all out for not even an hour. So hot outside. Got Lil mama out. She ran a little bit and then I lost her. Thought she was on her eggs but when I went inside, she was dust bathing! So I let her be. Watched the rest and sat under a tree and made a phone call about 2 cameras that would not work. But it was so hot, that I herd them back inside by groups. The sebright and roo, then 3 GLW( the terrorists) ,and last the regular flock. They are all divided because they cannot play nice. They are all scared of the roo and want nothing from him. Then the terrorists go after my beloved RIR who has been hurt by them and the roo,so she fly on my hands,arms or shoulders if they are close,lol . By end of day once they were all roosting, went to check and checked under Lil mama and she stold baby mama's egg,lol So she has 4 now. Can I leave that one too to make it 4? Not more than 4. Too many peeps and there are any roos, will have to rehome.
Hi @Dreamzchaser, I’ll inbox you shortly.

Worried today. Day 18 and last candling and barely noticed movement. Just a tiny bit and on the 6/10 egg, there was like a crack. It all seem dark inside. Will try to load them on YouTube later on. Hope my Lil mama gets here peeps. She has been so good.

Back
Top Bottom