Is This Egg Fertile?

bugglesmommy

Songster
6 Years
Feb 2, 2013
Leesville, Louisiana
My Coop
My Coop
I have 2 EE "girls" that have only ever been with each other since they were fluffy butts. It took 8 1/2 months to get my first egg from one of my ladies. This egg below is her third egg and I suspect from the bullseye I think I saw last time, I shouldn't expect 2 eggs from that pen anytime soon. They both look the same, and neither have ever crowed, nor have I seen mating but.....
I have never personally checked for fertility by cracking an egg before. What do you think?

That glare on the yolk is messing with the pics a bit, but it sure looks fertile to me. It would probably be easier to tell if you have a rooster if you posted pics of the actual birds :)

No, but these two have not been around the others. No other rooster has had chance to get romantic. They have never been in the same pen, or out in the yard at the same time as the other birds. They were with silkies a while back (4 months ago), but a predator got my silkies.

Also, the last egg, no pic available, had a bigger and more obvious looking bullseye. The only maybe rooster behavior I have ever observed was a few nights ago when we heard fuss and found a snake trying to get in with them. While we took care of it one stood over the other protectively, but it was dark and I'm not sure which one it was. I am puzzled.

Looks fertile. but doesnt it take time to break down the white circle into the bullseye shape? looks like maybe it was starting to. howfunky is right. the glare throws the pic off. not sure how seeing what your birds look like changes how your egg looks?? but whatever floats your boat (lol..kidding).

Back
Top Bottom