Fertile or infertile goose egg?

• Infertile 😔

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bolfreak

Crowing
12 Years
Aug 26, 2011
I have a Pilgrim pair that is 9 months old. My goose laid this egg Feb 10, another the 14th and one today. I’m excited, but want to make sure they’re fertile since I’ve only seen my drake mate the goose, not the gander 🤦‍♀️
This is the first egg - fertile? If yes, I won’t crack any more and let her sit. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_7057.jpeg
    IMG_7057.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7058.jpeg
    IMG_7058.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 19
OMG I’m thrilled!!! Thanks yall! They have a kiddie pool and also a livestock trough only the geese can climb in and out of. I’ve only observed my drake mating her and very oddly enough, my gelding grabbed the back of her neck and lifted her a little? She was completely consensual 😆
Gander has been hormonal for sure, he goes around trying to intimidate everything with a pulse

Gander has been hormonal for sure, he goes around trying to intimidate everything with a pulse
Yup, my gander does the same... lately he's been going after me 🤦‍♀️

Congrats on the fertile eggs!! Send some pictures once the little ones hatch!

Here’s two other eggs I cracked, leaving 4 in the nest…fertilized? It’s so hard to see clearly. I took these because one seemed dirtier than the others and one was long and pointy. (Ignore the duck yolk on the left, it’s not fertile and what happens when I cook with eggs 😆 They’re a couple days old each:

Attachments

• IMG_7092.jpeg
    IMG_7092.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7093.jpeg
    IMG_7093.jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7094.jpeg
    IMG_7094.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7095.jpeg
    IMG_7095.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 10
Finally, today, I observed goose hanky panky. It happened in the horse trough even though there was a random duck that somehow got in as well 🤦‍♀️
Do the geese get “better” at mating as they get older? This is my pair’s first time at everything, they will be a year old in May.

Back
Top Bottom