Goose laid 1 soft egg then stopped

LouisChickon

In the Brooder
Nov 2, 2023
Hello,

My goose laid her first soft egg on 10/26/23 and I have not seen an egg since. They are at the pond most of the day and locked in their pin at night. I have looked around the yard/pond and cannot find any evidence of a 2nd egg being laid. These are my first geese and not sure when to get worried.

Thanks in advance! IMG_3477.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5304.jpeg
    IMG_5304.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5303.jpeg
    IMG_5303.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
I do not have geese,,, but soft eggs usually indicate calcium shortage/deficiency in diet. I know geese do like to pick a lot of greens growing. Greens usually provide a good amount of calcium in diet. Also, not sure what your feed is. Check the calcium percentage on bag,,,, and compare to other geese feed.
Another thing to consider. They just started to lay. It may take a while for regular production to swing in.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Hello,

My goose laid her first soft egg on 10/26/23 and I have not seen an egg since. They are at the pond most of the day and locked in their pin at night. I have looked around the yard/pond and cannot find any evidence of a 2nd egg being laid. These are my first geese and not sure when to get worried.

Thanks in advance!View attachment 3674399
Any time any bird is laying an egg without the shell it is not getting enough calcium in it's diet. I supplement all my moms with a good amount of freely given calcium grit which is designed to fix such a need for calcium. If she goes for that grit with gusto you can know she really needed it. She may also need a bit of duck feed rich in the vitamins that geese also need. They need a little bit more than just free range foods for optimal nutrition.

Back
Top Bottom