Is this even a pilgrim?!

I'm gonna agree that he's potentially an American, especially if the seller had that breed. It would make sense with his appearance :)

Well it was lol, two fully grown ganders = no goslings to sell when spring comes. But I think my plan is to go to the large poultry show in my area in Feb and try to get some adults... for a lot more money and a lot less fun than hatching eggs. But at least I can have some baby nibblers running around. I like pilgrims for their auto sexing traits and at least the white male looks purebred. They are amazing guard geese. My German shepherd is scared of them. So they can still protect my ducks. So hopefully I can find a female pilgrim or maybe a proper buff pair or a proper pilgrim pair. Buff was always my second choice breed. And I want to eventually get into showing (im like that, competitive) so I knew I would eventually have to get better stock but I thought it would be better to make learning mistakes with less investment.
I wish you luck. Geese are very hard to sex, so be careful. I wouldn't assume the white gander is purebred, myself. I would be suspicious because of the mistake with the gray one.

I wish you luck. Geese are very hard to sex, so be careful. I wouldn't assume the white gander is purebred, myself. I would be suspicious because of the mistake with the gray one.
Like I said there is a very large poultry show near me in Feb 22 so I’m planning on hopefully finding a pair there as adults but I’d take a single female.. then hatch out eggs from reputable breeders or something… lol it’s a lot of trouble to go to for simply one pair but don’t really have much choice lol

Here are some more pictures I got. It almost seems like a knob is forming on the grey…

BD31528E-3BDF-4C3C-8F22-EB177833AB02.jpeg

77E192A0-9AF3-4689-9C2D-B688D0261D50.jpeg

71E27729-113E-417B-97A7-47C28462598A.jpeg

I agree. They both have a small knob. I have toulouse x embden x Chinese crosses and some look exactly like yours. They may be mostly pilgrim with some Chinese breed in.

Back
Top Bottom