Is this expensive?

Many of the cross breeds will lay better than standards. Our Black Sex-Links are our best cross breed layers. They lay 5 eggs a week each. If you like the red chickens then you could try a Production Red which will lay better than a RIR. We took and crossed our RIR roo with our New Hampshire girls and then took and crossed their babies with our Leghorn Roo and came up with a red chicken that lays great. Went 37 days straight before missing a day laying. Unfortunately we got rid of that line for the winter. (Working on a new line) We try to pay close attention to temperament though because we don't want a bunch of awnry birds. Most of what we have you can pick up and cuddle with, even the roo's.

Quote:
Thanks.
Ill ask him some of these.

Its the guys grandson
He just saw an ad I had posted and answered for his grandfather.

That is not bad at all..
Now that is if there real Rhode Island Reds and not "hatchery Rhode Island Reds" that they raising and selling eggs from.
When I got my Rosecomb RIR eggs I paid $2.00 a egg.. But they where from a breader and his breeders where bread to the Standard of Perfection...

Chris

Is it weird that I think the guy selling me these eggs is my neighbor?
Im almost scared to ask
lol.png

It's dirt cheap! Considering you'd be lucky to buy two chicks for $6, $6/dozen of hatching eggs is nothing.

It can feel a little weird finding poultry people near you. Met one guy at a show, loved his white rocks - went to his house - didn't quite run away screaming, didn't get any of his birds - or his puppymill dogs. UGH.

But then a guy not to far from me has seramas and we get along great, and another guy about ten minutes from me has been a real help with my birds and a good friend, so it varies.

I'd never kick at that price for eggs. I pay twice that in shipping alone for some.

Heck, I had one guy offer me marans eggs at ten each. I said no thank you. But he can get it from some people.

Back
Top Bottom